Connect Alexa to WiFi
Connect Alexa to WiFi
Alexa app is widespread among the people for the execution of plenty of smart tasks with its constantly-improving artificial intelligence capabilities that can manage all active gadgets of your smart home. It’s no wonder Amazon’s Alexa app has gained tremendous popularity due to its exceptional features, and she will obey your every command: all you need to do is ask. If you purchase a new smart device, you’ll need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network to receive the full capabilities of both.
The Amazon Echo is the body, and Alexa is the brain that turns words into actions like answer questions, set timers, play the radio, give you a weather forecast, tracking our fitness, playing games, and more. Alexa is an AI-powered smart assistant, lives in the cloud, expanding the information offered all the time and refining the responses to give you more accurate information with Amazon Echo smart speakers.
Connect Alexa to Wi-Fi:
1. Download the Alexa app: You should have already downloaded and installed the Alexa app by presently. If not, then do so via the App Store for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch devices and Google Play for Android. It will run on
• any smartphone
• or tablet
• or on Android 5.0 or higher, fire OS 3.0 or higher and ios 9.0 or higher.
2. Set up Alexa with credentials: Once the Amazon Alexa app download has been completed, sign in with the Amazon account user-id & password. Also, if you don’t have an Amazon account, then install the app, then sign in with a user ID & password. Therefore, follow these commands and instructions to finish and end the Alexa app setup.
3. Set up your Echo: Firstly, you’ll need to decide which place you’d like to keep your echo in, and this is probably the easiest step. Then, plug in your echo, using the included power adapter, and hook it up to power. Now, wait! until it displays the appropriate signifier, which will explain in the app. Then, you may have to press and hold its Action button for 5-7 seconds till you see a flashing orange light. After that, the Alexa device says ‘Now in pairing mode,’ release the action button, and then press it again for 5-7 seconds. The device will exit pairing mode and attempt to reconnect to Wi-Fi on its own.
4. Add your Device: Next, tap on the menu button represented by three horizontal lines and located in the upper left-hand corner. When the drop-down menu appears, select the settings option, then you can see the “Add Device’ option. Select the preferred device from the provided list (i.e., Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Tap).
5. Connect Alexa to WiFi: Now, the app may now ask you to connect to it via your smartphone’s wireless settings, then follow the on-screen instructions to connect echo to WiFi. As soon as your phone has successfully connected to your device you will hear a confirmation message that “Your Echo is ready.”
6. Say, Alexa: Now, you’ve set up your echo, and to get the greatest out of it, you’ll want to dig into the Alexa app settings so you can customize what it does — and what it doesn’t do.